New Details Revealed for Diagon Alley Expansion at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Opening Summer 2014 at Universal Orlando Resort
Universal Orlando Resort had announced all the details on the new Diagon Alley area of the park, opening this Summer in the Universal Studios Florida park. Being the second phase, part of the resort-wide Wizarding World of Harry Potter project, this new park area promises to bring guests into the streets of London and through the world of Diagon Alley and Harry Potter! Below is the Official Press Release from Universal Orlando Resort:
"Board the Hogwarts Express and journey between London’s King’s Cross Station (located in Universal Studios Florida) and Hogsmeade Station (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure). The journey will be filled with views of London and the British countryside – as well as a few surprises. Park-to-park admission is required.
Experience a groundbreaking new, multi-dimensional thrill ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, which will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults
· Witness the magical experience of a wand choosing a wizard at Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, one of the wizarding world’s premier wand shops
· Discover the darker side of magic in Knockturn Alley, the darkest of dark places that features Borgin and Burkes – a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items
· Explore some of Diagon Alley’s famous shops, including:
Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, a vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toys inspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone
Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, where guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves and jumpers, to authentic wizard’s robes and character costumes
Magical Menagerie, which features a collection of plush animals, such as owls and Hippogriffs
Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, where guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses
Quality Quidditch Supplies, offering a wide assortment of apparel and equipment including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles and more
Scribbulus, featuring authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards
· Enjoy traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash and more at the Leaky Cauldron
· Visit Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour for frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice-cream and many others"
Everyone here at Theme Park Overload is very excited to see Diagon Alley come together and open for the park in June! That's all for now from TPO. Make sure to "LIKE" our Facebook page to receive Breaking News and Exclusive Content delivered straight to your newsfeed! www.Facebook.com/ThemeParkOverload My name's Nicholous, and Thanks for Reading!